Heather R. Jones, MSN, AGACNP-BC
Master of Science in Nursing
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Texas A&M University College of Nursing
College Station, Texas 77843
01/2022 – present
Texas Vascular Associates, PA – Dallas, TX
- Manage care of patients in the outpatient setting with vascular disease processes.
- Conduct physical examinations, obtain complete health histories, order diagnostic testing, interpret clinical findings, diagnose medical conditions, develop treatment plans, and provide evidence-based interventions as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Deliver patient education regarding disease processes, treatment plans, and medications.
07/2017 – 01/2022
Seton Medical Center Williamson ICU – Round Rock, TX
- Managed care of unstable patients with acute cardiovascular, pulmonary, renal, gastrointestinal, neurological, endocrine, hematologic and immunologic, trauma, multisystem, and infectious disease processes.
- Proficient in utilizing advanced specialty devices such as Arctic Sun, Rotoprone, external ventricular drains with intracranial pressure monitoring, lumbar drains, intra-aortic balloon pumps, pulmonary artery catheters, HemoSphere, EKOS, transvenous pacemakers, and continuous veno-venous hemodialysis
- Collaborated with physicians, and other specialties to develop and implement individualized care plans for critically ill patients in the intensive care unit.
- Analyzed patient outcomes against patient goals and evaluate the need for further interventions.
- Effectively recognized and responded to changes in patient conditions in a timely manner.
- Advocated for patient safety and privacy through the use of evidence-based practices.
- Provided holistic care to patients and their families by meeting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of diverse populations.
Delivered patient education regarding disease processes, treatment plans, and medications.
Nursing Clinical Coach
01/2020 – 12/2021
Texas Tech University – Round Rock, TX
- Precept undergraduate nursing students in the clinical setting over a yearlong hospital rotation.
- Teach students the fundamentals of nursing including evidence-based practice, patient rights, medication safety and administration, comprehensive assessments, and scope of practice.
- Guide students to develop critical thinking skills, timely interventions, and recognize need for escalation of care.
- Facilitate the ability to connect classroom learning to real world application.
- Collaborate with clinical coordinator to outline student expectations and set appropriate goals.
- Evaluate the performance of students against professional standards and institutional expectations.
- Provide constructive feedback to students regarding areas for improvement.
08/2018 – 08/2020
Council Oak Preschool – Round Rock, TX
- Public speaker at annual teacher training workshop.
- Educated school teachers on various health promotion and disease prevention techniques to implement in the classroom.
- Presented curriculum over required immunizations, medications, signs and symptoms of allergic reactions, hand hygiene, and common illnesses contracted by school-age children.
- Trained teachers how to administer medications safely, use an epi-pen, practice appropriate hand hygiene, and properly don and doff gloves.
NP – State of Texas Board of Nursing Exp 03/2023
AGACNP-BC – American Nurses Credentialing Center Exp 07/2026
FCCS – Society of Critical Care Medicine Exp 02/2025
RN – State of Texas Exp 03/2023
CCRN – American Association of Critical-care Nurses Exp 06/2022
ACLS – American Heart Association Exp 03/2022
NIHSS – National Stroke Association Exp 01/2021
Expert Clinical Resource – ICU Falls Committee
05/2018 – 07/2020
Seton Medical Center Williamson – Round Rock, TX
- Collect and analyze data on falls in the intensive care unit.
- Drive clinical practice initiatives to reduce the rate of falls on the unit by 30%.
- Cultivate an environment of safety by facilitating the implementation of evidence-based practices proven to effectively improve patient outcomes.
- Utilize the Hendrich II Fall Risk Assessment to evaluate patient safety hazard based on cognitive status, altered elimination, impaired mobility, and effects of current medications.
- Endorse the use of Posey pad and clip alarms for patients who are considered a high fall risk.
- Uphold Seton policies to promote safe environments, minimize risk of harm through targeted interventions, and modifying conditions as necessary.
- Improve the prevention of falls by proactively addressing the four P’s of common patient needs: Pain, Potty, Position, and Possessions.
Local Improvement Team – Communications Director
07/2017 – 07/2020
Seton Medical Center Williamson – Round Rock, TX
- Evaluate opportunity for improvement (OFI), and event reporting system (ERS) forms.
- Analyze probable causes for fallouts, and propose solutions to overcome practice barriers.
- Present process improvement suggestions to the Executive Owner and shareholders for final approval.
- Create department goals based on data collected for the Daily Management System (DMS) board.
- Collaborate with the Network Performance Improvement department to implement new standards of practice on the unit, such as bedside reporting.
- Review up to date literature and research to advocate for high standards of patient safety and care.
- Foster an environment that supports the needs and promotes the professional development of nurses.
- Publish newsletters to distribute information regarding policy changes, HCAHPS reports, Joint Commission surveys, and unit updates to nurses in the intensive care unit.
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing qualifier
National Hispanic Scholar
Texas Nurses Association Scholarship recipient
St. David’s Foundation Scholarship
Projects and Teacher Training Community Health Workshop
Clinical Ladder Nursing Career Portfolio
Evidence Based Research Project
Prophylactic Dressings in Pressure Ulcer Prevention
Music Therapy in the Cognitively Impaired
Baylor Scott & White Stroke Center Senior Expo
American Association of Nurse Practitioners member
Society of Vascular Surgery member