Texas Vascular Associates, PA
4716 Alliance Blvd.
Plano, Texas 75093
Dr. Shirvani sees patients at our Plano & McKinney clinic locations.
- UT Southwestern Medical School – Dallas, TX 08/08-05/12
Rice University– BS in Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Houston, TX 08/04-05/08
- General Surgery- Board Certified 2020
- Vascular Surgery- Board Certified 2021
Leadership and Service
- 2017-2019 Chief Administrative Fellow, Baylor Medical Center
Chosen to lead administrative duties for the vascular surgery fellowship program, including creating and organizing the conference curriculum for the year, formulating call schedules for the fellows and residents, and organizing journal clubs
- 2016-2017 Chief Administrative Resident, Baylor Medical Center
Chosen to lead administrative duties for the general surgery
residency program, including creating the annual resident
schedule and rotations, formulating the call schedules,
organizing conferences, and serving as direct liaison to the
faculty and administration
- 2015-2016 Baylor Medical Center Residency Selection Committee
- 2013-2017 Baylor University Medical Center Residency Mentor
- 2011-2012 Co-Coordinator, Senior Film Committee
Production, writing, and filming of UTSW’s annual senior film
- 2011-2012 Teaching Assistant – UTSW Cell Biology & Human Anatomy Course
- 2009 Coordinator for Pre-Registration Education Orientation
Led committee in planning and organizing UTSW orientation
- 2007 Coordinator for Rice University Orientation
- Laux AT, Testa G, Goldstein RM, Caveness KM. The management of a complex bile duct injury after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Am Surg. 2014 Jun;80(6):E175-8
- LeMaire SA, Carter SA, Volguina IV, Laux AT, Milewicz DM, Borsato GW, Cheung CK, Bozinovski J, Markesino JM, Vaughn WK, Coselli JS. Spectrum of aortic operations in 300 patients with confirmed or suspected Marfan syndrome. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2006 Jun;81(6):2063-78; discussion 2078.
Awards and Honors
- 2014 ABSITE Scholarship, Baylor University Medical Center Highest scoring PGY-2 on the American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam
- 2013 ABSITE Scholarship, Baylor University Medical Center Highest scoring intern on the American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam
- 2011 Bryan Williams Scholarship, UT Southwestern
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Colohan S, Maia M, Langevin CJ, Donfrancesco A, Shirvani AM, Trussler AP, Saint-Cyr M. “The short- and ultrashort-pedicle deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap in breast reconstruction.” Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 Feb; 129(2): 331-40.
- Bailey S, Saint-Cyr M, Oni G, Maia M, Andry D, Shirvani AM, Nguyen V,
Wong C, Zhang S, Leitch M, Euhus D, Rao R, and Rohrich R. “Aesthetic Subunit of the Breast: An Analysis of Women’s Preference and Clinical Implications.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2012 Mar; 68(3): 240-5.
- Saint-Cyr M, Shirvani AM, and Wong C. “The transverse upper gracilis flap for breast reconstruction following liposuction of the thigh.” Microsurgery. 2010 Nov; 30(8): 636-8.
- Mallya M, Phillips RL, Saldanha SA, Gooptu B, Brown SC, Termine DJ, Shirvani AM, Wu Y, Sifers RN, Abagyan R, and Lomas DA. “Small molecules block the polymerization of Z alpha1-antitrypsin and increases the clearance of intracellular aggregates.” J Med Chem. 2007 Nov 1; 50(22): 5357-63.
- Edmundson P, Balogh R, Shirvani AM, Shah A, Caero J, Roden-Foreman J, Reyn, Rainey E, Daoud Y, Bennett M, and Foreman M. “Size matters: Psoas muscle crossolds M sectional area predicts functional outcome in mild to moderately injured trauma patients.” 2015. In Submission.
Abstracts & Presentations
- Gonzalez, G, Shirvani AM, Vasquez, J. ”Traumatic profunda femoral artery aneurysm: Case report and literature review.” Oral and Poster Presentation at the Baylor Scott and White Research Day, February 2018 and at the Annual Meeting for the Texas Society of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (TSVES) 2018 and at the 2018 meeting of the North Texas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
- Balogh R, Edmundson P, Shirvani AM, Shah A, Roden-Foreman J, Reynolds M, and Foreman M. ”Sarcopenia as a marker of frailty: Psoas muscle size predicts functional outcome in mild to moderately injured trauma patients.” Oral Presentation at the American Association of Surgery of Trauma, Las Vegas, Nevada, Sept 2015.
- Bailey S, Andry D, Shirvani AM, Nguyen V, Wong C, Mojallal A, and Saint-Cyr M. Aesthetic Subunits of the Breast: an Analysis of Women’s Preference and Clinical Implications in Breast Surgery. Annual Meeting of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons. Bastrop, TX, Sept 2010.
- Andry D, Bailey S, Shirvani AM, Wong C, and Saint-Cyr M. Dermal Lipectomy: an Adjunct to Improving Patient Satisfaction and Aesthetic Outcome in Patients with a Prominent Lateral Thoracic Fold. Annual UTSW Medical Student Summer Research Forum, Dallas, TX, Dec 2009.
- Shirvani AM, Bailey S, Andry D, Wong C, Saint-Cyr M. Body Mass Index and Mastectomy Specimen Characteristics: The Impact of BMI on Mastectomy Specimen Dimensions and Implications for Subsequent Breast Reconstruction. Annual UTSW Medical Student Summer Research Forum, Dallas, TX, Dec 2009.
- Shirvani AM, Bailey S, Andry D, and Saint-Cyr M. Improving Aesthetic Outcomes after Breast Reconstruction Utilizing the Peri-areolar Advancement Flap Technique. Annual UTSW Medical Student Summer Research Forum, Dallas, TX, Dec 2009